Excellent Pay & Incentives
TSH offers the best pay program in the flat bed industry. We pay 75% of 100% of the line haul. TSH passes 100% of all accessorial fees to the Owner Operator including: fuel surcharge, tarping, stop off, etc. Detention pay is paid 100% to you after the customer pays TSH.
Tell Us How You Want to Be Paid
TSH offers Daily Settlement to it’s Owner Operators. We can pay by Direct Deposit, EFS, or Company Check (mailed or come on in).
Lease Purchase Program
We are currently offering Lease Purchase options on trucks and trailers. Apply Now or contact recruiting (1.877.244.0784) for more information on these programs.
Truck Stop / In Cab Scanning
This is a very attractive way to insure all your paperwork is submitted to our billing / settlements departments for timely processing. You can scan bills of lading, fuel tickets, and logs directly to us for processing at no cost to you! Scan in cab or at love’s, petro, pilot travel centers, travel centers of america or Flying J.
TSH Tag is for 48 states. TSH does not mark up our Tennessee tag. We simply pass the cost of the tag through to you in weekly settlement deductions, or prorated dependent upon when you lease on with TSH.
- Flatbed Training Available
- $2,000 Referral Bonus for Owner Operators
- $3,000 Sign-On Bonus, $1,500 up front!
- Fuel Discounts
- $100 for any random level 1 DOT inspection with no violations
- Additional $500 for 5 Clean inspections in a row
- Dedicated Driver Support Specialist
- EFS Fuel Cards
“They’ve got so many tools that can help you be successful. They’ve got professional people. Hard working professional people that you work with that respect you.
Once you prove yourself to Tennessee Steel Haulers that you’re a worker, that you’re going to do the job professionally, everybody from management to the freight specialist to everybody that works here is going to bend over backwards to help you be professional. That’s very important.”
“I veered off a few times, tried some other options, but always came home. This is home to me. I just never had a need to go anywhere else because they always treated me right.
You aren’t going to find a better job than Tennessee Steel Haulers. That’s just it. From the businessside of it, if you turn a load in, you get your pay. I’m here until I retire. Point blank. I’ll be here.”
“I was with another company and I hit rock bottom. I was introduced to TSH from another driver that I had seen at a truck stop while getting fuel. That driver talked to me about the benefits and opportunities that Tennessee Steel Haulers had to offer. I took is as an angel that was sent.
I had suffered enough. I had nothing else to loose and when I came to TSH and I was welcomedwith open arms. I proceeded to the opportunity myself to see how good of a company it was.And here I am today, I own two homes, I have several cars and I’m still blessed. Like I said,I’m taking advantage of the opportunity they gave me three years ago.”
To ensure TSH works with the best and brightest of the Owner Operators in today’s marketplace we have set up the following requirements:
- 1 year verifiable commercial vehicle experience.
- Safety approved CVSA inspection history.
- No DUI in previous 5 years. 1 in 10 years. None while operating a CMV.
- No DOT defined major violations in the previous 3 years.
- Safety approved accident history.
- No more than 1 moving violation conviction in the last 12 months, no more than 2 in the previous 3 years.
- Complete TSH orientation.
- Pass road test.
- 23 years old (unless approved by Safety).
*All qualifications are subject to safety review and approval.
- Any tractor 2000 or newer will only be considered for lease after the truck is inspected at either our Nashville, TN, Cofield, NC or Laredo, TX operations
- Tractor and Trailer are required to undergo and pass a thorough DOT inspection prior to leasing.
Trailers that are contractor owned must be 48’ tandem axle, less than 10 years old with no holes in the floor.
- TSH does offer a lease purchase option for trailers and tractors, please contact recruiting for more information regarding these programs
- Re-inspected every 3 months
Tarps, Chains and Binders
- 1 16×16 Tarp
- 2 16×25 Tarps
- 10 20’ Chains
- 10 Snap binders
- 12 4” x 30’ Straps with flat hook
- 2 2” x 30’ Straps with ratchet
- 50 Rubber tarp straps-21”
- 12 Coil racks
- 12 Coil mats
- 8 Timbers
- 15 Edge protectors-heavy duty
- 20 Edge protectors-plastic
- 1 2 inch bar – 36” heavy duty
- 1 Dunnage strap
- 4 Flags
- 2 Wide load / oversize signs
* TSH can provide above equipment and will draw $75 weekly until paid in full
- Passenger Insurance if the driver has a passenger
- Occupational Accident or Workers Compensation Insurance as dictated by state law